Thursday, May 14, 2015

Vision

I had the privilege of being invited to take part in a webinar that discussed goals, passions, entrepreneurship, and challenges.   And what I found most intriguing was the very basic notion to write things down just to get started.  Make a plan.  Plan the work.  Move in your communications, actions, and networks that allow you to stay true and focused on the initial plan.  Simple enough?  I think so.  I can handle that.

Now, let’s have fun with it.  The webinar challenged listeners to grab magazines, paper, glue and markers and start in the next 3 days your own vision board.  Write it down; put up sticky notes of ideas and affirmations… I hear you but you’re losing me.  What do you think my next thought was?  “I don’t have time!”  Yep, I don’t have time for me. I don’t have time to plan that “thing” that has been on my mind for months.  I don’t have time to commit to planning and carrying out a project that has been near and dear to me and brings the most soul-stirring smile to my face.  Sad, right?

What does this all mean?  Every day, we’re faced with the challenges of the moment.  So many things to do, not enough time to do them.  Yet, we’re holding out on ourselves when it comes to bringing order to those important tidbits of information and ideas that feed our dreams of                             (you fill in the blank – whatever you’ve dreamed of, made resolutions for, hoped for…). 

What I am learning or should I say reminding myself, is that it’s ok to get involved in a day’s work and forget things here and there.  But, we must make time to fulfill those things that bring us joy, completion, happiness, and fulfillment.

Map it out for yourself.  Dwell on the ideas or things that bring a smile to your face.  Plan your work and work your plan.  In the meantime, I will be starting my vision board.  Will you?


3 comments:

  1. I think that if more people thought like you the better

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was interesting blog topic. As I begin reading this, the first thing that came to mind was: "I don't have time to do that". Steve Harvey recently had a show about vision boards. The one thing he kept saying was that you are more likely to fulfill a goal/dream if you place it on a vision board. I guess I better get to work on mine!

    ReplyDelete